Lecturer - Nations Victory Campus, Negombo
Nations Victory Campus, Negombo
- To design, develop and deliver a range of programmes of study (sometimes for entirely new courses) at various levels.
- To review course content and materials on a regular basis, updating when required.
- To develop and apply innovative and appropriate teaching techniques and materials that creates interest, understanding and enthusiasm amongst students.
- To transfer knowledge including practical skills, methods and techniques.
- To ensure that course design and delivery comply with the quality standards and regulations as required by the Industry.
- To challenge thinking, foster debate and develop the ability of students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To supervise student projects, field trips and, where appropriate, placements.
- To set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide feedback to students.
- To ensure that the teaching content and methods of delivery are in accordance with equal opportunities, and respond to issues relating to staff and student needs.
- To act as a referee and contribute to peer assessment.
- To make presentations or exhibitions at national and international conferences and other similar events, if and when an opportunity arises.
- To prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes
- To lead and develop internal networks for example by chairing and participating in Campus committees.
- Regular contact and liaison with students to teach and provide support.
RequirementsDegree or relevant Qualifications / Experience
Good Knowledge of English
Higher Educational Institute
Closing Date: 12-Nov-2017