Administrative Support - Janathashan
We currently have an opportunity for a motivated and focused individual to provide administrative support to our programmes and manage the front office as Administrative/Front Office Intern. Our internship is designed to allow you to put what you have learned into practice and for you to gain knowledge on organizational management and administration. This internship will be tailored to take advantage of your field of study and to fulfill your career aspirations.
Here are a few of the daily responsibilities:
- Assist with the Administration of the day-to-day operations of assigned programmes
- Answer telephones; determine nature of call and direct caller to appropriate individual or department
- Greet visitors and direct to the appropriate department. Give directions/information to visitors.
- Coordinate ongoing logistics for travel, meetings, presentations etc.
- Oversee general office supplies, orders, mailing, etc.
- Support compilation of reports and other documents on request
- Assist with administrative duties as directed (includes typing, filing, copying, mailing, processing payments, etc.).
We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization!
RequirementsFoundation level professional qualification in secretarial studies, business administration/HRM or equivalent or school leaver enrolled in an institution of higher learning.
Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English & Sinhala
Knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures and guidelines will be an advantage
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, vendors, and the general public.
Strong knowledge on computer literacy will be an added advantage
Janathashan a company limited by guarantee specialized in Green and Sustainable Development. It is carrying 25 years legacy of Practical Action and a fast growing organization with growing global sensitivity on the issues of climate change, carbon footprint, sustainable production and consumption, resilience, etc. It carries out operations on; Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency options, Climate Change, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), SME Development & Agriculture; Natural Resource Management (NRM).
Closing Date: 16-Jan-2018