SOCIAL SCIENTIST - Janathakshan
We are expanding our operations and seek a motivated and focused individual for position of SOCIAL SCIENTIST to provide social science inputs to the Inclusive Development Programme and prove mobilisation expertise to the project sites.
Here are few of the responsibilities:
- Coordinate and execute the community governance aspects of assigned projects
- Incorporating community governance and gender aspects to projects
- Coordinate with local and provincial government officers and provincial council members to implement/manage the project activities.
- Organize and facilitate workshops, trainings , stakeholder meetings at local and provincial level
- Monitor projects and report regularly on progress
- Serve as a subject matter expert on social science methodology and research practices
- Designing and facilitating participatory appraisals
- Social impact assessment
- Inputs to socio-economic research
- Community mobilisation plan development and monitoring implementation by project team
Salary negotiable and will depend on experience.
RequirementsUnderstanding community governance and gender aspects & experience in operationalizing of these on field
Knowledge on community development and participatory development etc
Handle multiple project development tasks
Reporting & Research skills
Degree / Diploma in relevant field with 5 years’ experience in a relevant capacity
Post will be on the basis of one-year contract renewable at the end of each term depending on performance
Janathakshan (GTE) Ltd is a local organisation set up in 2011 specialized in Green and Sustainable Development with growing global sensitivity on the issues of climate change, carbon footprint, sustainable production and consumption, resilience building. It is an organization set up to carry forward the legacy of Practical Action in Sri Lanka. (International charity that worked in Sri Lanka for over 25 years).
Closing Date: 23-Jan-2018